пятница, 22 июля 2016 г.

Plants and Documentaries

Plants and Documentaries
Plant Shelves

I can’t remember in which of my 192 The William Morris Project posts it was that I spoke of creating a plant shelf on this wall in the dining room, but the above image is what I had in mind, only with a dark wood finish shelf to sort-of match the dining room table. I haven’t had luck finding a dark bookshelf I like, but I this shelf from IKEA has my attention. It’s made of steel, so any water and soil catastrophes could be easily cleaned up. It’s simple and unassuming, so the plants could be the stars. The price is certainly nice. I don’t love that it’s white or from IKEA–I don’t want my house to be an IKEA showroom! But, it’s possible that a shelf that blends into the wall color is the way to go. Plus, when I go back to a white slipcover when the summer comes, it will look nice and airy. I admit I might be selling myself.


Speaking of plants, most of you on Facebook and Twitter already know I did a post for Wayfair on hanging plants, but for those who don’t, here’s a link to that post. Fun news: I’m going to be blogging about plants for Wayfair from here on out. YAY!!! I shouldn’t have said anything because it’s not set in stone. I mean, I love plants. That’s hardly a surprise. Robin Thicke getting a divorce is more shocking. But maybe the rest of the world isn’t ready to geek out on plants, and my posts could get poor traffic. Then I’ll get kicked to the curb and replaced with someone who blogs about something the rest of the world finds interesting. I guess the better way to put it is that I might be totally blogging about plants at Wayfair.


In documentary news, I decided that we should discuss Generation Like on March 12th, which is a Wednesday. That should give people plenty of time to watch the documentary.


I was coming up for a title for this post and decided on Plants and Documentaries because that’s what I wrote about. Then I thought, “Hey, wouldn’t that be funny if someone actually did a documentary on plants?”


Wait a minute. Where there’s a geek, there’s a way. Sure enough:


And for anyone looking for an actual TV series about plants, well, it’s Christmas in February for you. (Me.)



image sources: here and here, though the awesome plant shelf is from Swedish company Hasselfors Gardens. (These are probably old products shots I found.) Of course I can’t find anything similar in the states.


Original article and pictures take pancakesandfrenchfries.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий